HighGo Software Canada (a subsidiary of HighGo Software Inc) is ready to release an update for HighGo Postgres Sever (HG-PGSQL 1.3). HG-PGSQL 1.3 contains all the changes included in PostgreSQL community release version 12.3 plus additional enhancements and fixes to the parallel backup feature which is unique to HG-PGSQL. Refer to “what’s new” section for additional details.
HG-PGSQL 1.3 is built on top of already feature-rich and powerful open-source database solution (PostgreSQL 12.3) and HighGo software is continuing to work closely with the PostgreSQL community release timeline and enhancing the features unique to HG-PGSQL.
With the release of HG-PSQL 1.3, HighGo Software is committed to delivering value to its end-users through innovation and building on top of open source-based database solution (PostgreSQL 12.3). Our goal is to deliver a solution with high performance, reliability, and ease of use for small, medium and large-scale enterprises.
This update is to notify you about the new software release of HG-PGSQL 1.3 which is based on PostgreSQL 12.3 release.
HG-PGSQL is built on top of open source community release of PostgreSQL 12 which is packed with many exciting new features and improvements. Partitioning functionality has been improved by introducing fast partition pruning along with additional partitioning improvements. There have been several general performance improvements as well, such as optimizations for b-tree and other indexes as well as automatic inlining of common table expression (CTE).
The PostgreSQL community has recently released an update for PostgreSQL 12, please refer to the link below for changes included in PostgreSQL 12.3 release:
In addition to the changes from community PostgreSQL 12.3 update, HG-PGSQL 1.3 contains an enhancement update to the parallel backup feature listed below:
- Added support for running parallel backup job with one worker.
- Added support for bandwidth throttling to parallel backup, to allow multiple workers to use the bandwidth appropriately.
- Updates to parallel backup documentation.
- Added support for backing up stand-by server with parallel backup feature, this was resulting in an error before.
- Added support for –max-rate argument to the parallel backup feature.
- Fixed a random backup corruption issue when backing up tablespaces with parallel backup feature.
- Fixed segmentation fault issues with parallel backup feature when using a very high number of parallel workers (ex. when –jobs > max_wal_senders) and backing up tablespaces in the same directory as the data folder.
Please refer to the installation and user guide for more information on the new features and how to install the software in your system.