PostgreSQL is a rapidly growing open-source database project, and HighGo is at the forefront of making PostgreSQL successful in enterprises of all sizes. With nearly a decade of experience in database integrated services in the country, Highgo cultivates thousands of users by providing specialized data services to overall improve the level of the database used in the IT department.
Highgo’s branch in Vancouver has an incredibly exciting position for a PostgreSQL kernel developer! We are looking for Software Engineers working on the open-source PostgreSQL project and its applications. In addition to develop enterprise level features on top of Postgres, this person in this role will also contribute on the PostgreSQL project to demonstrate his abilities in the open source world. .
- Analyze user needs and develop quality software solutions
- Work with the remote project manager or product owner to meet specific requirements
- Collaborate with other developers worldwide to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Continually improve our development processes and Dev Ops environment by volunteering tools, applications or approaches to product quality and engineers productivity
- Self driven and proactive work attitude, share information openly, help others, be open to new ideas, and “go the extra mile” when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Development experience with C/C++ programming languages under Linux environment
- SQL database or relational database skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Vancouver, Canada
To apply for any of these positions, please email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.